This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Directory \InstallShieldInstallationInformation\{}

3 replies to this topic

Yehuda

Yehuda
  • Full Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 17:00

Directory
C:\Program Files\InstallShieldInstallationInformation\{<GUID>}
contains after installation unpackaged setup files. One of them is data1.cab file. Its size in my IS project is about 40MB. I don't need the data contained inside it because the IS project has not MAINTANANCE mode - the program installed can be removed only.

How can I reduce the size of the directory ..\{GUID} content ?

Thanks for any replay.
Yehuda

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:53

Remove is also a maintenance operation and requires these files. Data1.cab includes (among other things) your "setup support files" (which are extracted to SUPPORTDIR at install time). Maybe you have a large redistributable in there?

Yehuda

Yehuda
  • Full Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 12:02

Thank you for your replay.

Remove is also a maintenance operation and requires these files. Data1.cab includes (among other things) your "setup support files" (which are extracted to SUPPORTDIR at install time).

Yes. I understood it by trying to delete it...

Maybe you have a large redistributable in there?

I have to istall (when the product is being installed) many big data files, that are -saved, as you pointed above, inside Data1.cab. Those files are not needed more , when the uninstall is being executed. The question is, if there is any way to depart from my files included in the Data1.cab.

Thank you.
Yehuda

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 21:02

Data1.cab only includes the engine files and the setup support files, including any InstallShield objects. Your own application files that are being install are in Data2.cab. (At least I think this is the case from the top of my head - please verify using the CAB viewer tool that comes with InstallShield)