This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Component Condition not working

1 reply to this topic

Tim Nuttall

Tim Nuttall
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 16:44

I am creating an install with ISD 7

I want to install a component conditionally based on a property.

I have created the property "PRODUCTTYPE" in property manager and given it a default value of  Primary

For the condtion of my component I have entered:
PRODUCTTYPE="Primary"

But, the component files are never installed. Why?

Properties I create are not included in the drop down list of properties when building a condition, so I entered mine by hand.

I have successfully used conditions on compnents, but only using predefined properties such as windows version etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks to anybody who can help

Tim Nuttall
RM plc

Rastislav Zima

Rastislav Zima
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 12:07

I have the same problem when running installation on Win98 but on Win2000 is everithing OK.
I have entered the custom action just before the CostFinalize action in Execute sequence, which displays the contents of the properties on which conditions are based - contents is OK but nevertheless nothing that has condition based on that property is not installed.
Another difference between those two testing systems is that one with the Win98 is German OS and Win2000 is English OS. I have looked at the string tables but everything seems OK.