This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SdWelcome dialog

3 replies to this topic

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 22:38

We are in the final stages of testing out latest script and some wording changes on the Welcome screen seems to have caused me to not get all the text displayed (cut off). I could not find any documentation on how many characters are allowed in the message. I have to 'prove' to my manager this information. Thanks for any information.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 00:12

Well you're not gonna find a documented limit on that dialog and will instead have to defer to your own test results. Especially since it's not a fixed width font, the number of displayed characters will vary depending on the ones that are chosen.

Therefore, if you wish to continue using this built-in dialog, then you'll just have to adjust your message accordingly.

Otherwise you'll have to break down and use a custom dialog, so you can display things however you'd like. See the help file for more information on this approach.

user posted image

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 16:29

Now that I'm back at work, I was able to look at my notes and can say that, in my experience, the SdWelcome dialog is limited to five lines of text.
user posted image

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 16:33

Thanks a lot.

I can now see that it is limited to 5 lines. This helps me a lot.