This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

(IS12) IsCmdBld.exe Doesn't Load File Table

1 reply to this topic

mpento

mpento
  • Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 21:53

Hello Folks,

This is kind of a weird issue that I haven't run into before and I am hoping one of you can help with it.

We have an install created with InstallShield 12. From within the IDE, if we build the project it works exactly as expected and we get the installer we want.

On the other hand, if we run the install from the command line using IsCmdBld.exe, the install begins to build, but, at the step "Loading File Table" it ends with no errors and no warnings.

An .msi file is created that is around 77Kb, when we run from the IDE, we get our expected Setup.exe whic is around 37 or 38MB as it should be.

I am not sure if there is something with the InstallShield 12 setup on this particular build system, I have another system which builds a different product from the command line, using almost identical syntax, and it works flawlessly.

Has anyone else seen this before?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Mike
Michael J. Pento

Independent InstallShield Contractor
mjpento@NO_SPAM.comcast.net

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:34

Are you using dynamic or static links? Did you check the patchs/path variables? Maybe it doesn't find the source files.