This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall removed needed backupfiles also.

4 replies to this topic

Shekhar

Shekhar
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:35

During the uninstallation (Remove all) . I prompt the user for backup of some Application configuration files/folders. After user selected the backup location I copied the file to the user selected location using xcopy function. As uninstallation progresses, files/folders got copied successfully. But at end of the uninstallation the progress dialog displays “Removing the backup files” and it removes the files form user selected back up location. Ideally it should remove the files/folders only form installed location. But in this case it removed from everywhere.

I have studied thoroughly this uninstallation process. I found that during the Action “Removing back up files” it removes the my copied files which is stored on other drives. Truly speaking this action remove the temporary files only.

Or am I missing any configuration /setting ? How can I implement this? do I need to apply any condition on the components of this files?
I don’t know why it is happening. Any Help in this regard is very appreciable.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 17:45

Disable(UNINSTALL) before XCopy, and Enable afterwards.

Shekhar

Shekhar
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 16:54

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the your solution but facing compiler error

as
: error C8025: 'UNINSTALL' : undefined identifier
Do i need to define this UNINSTALL anywhere?

I feel this problem is related to the registration of copied files done by xcopy. I have tried with the Option SELFREGISTER .. but at the end of the uninstallation it will through an error message about the register and unregistered of copied files. But one positive thing is that after that uninstallation process did not delete the backup file.

can you elaborate on this behavior of the xcopy

Please guide me resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance
Shekhar

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 17:32

Please look up the docs about the Disable function. Maybe I remember the name of the option wrong.

Shekhar

Shekhar
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 18:18

Hi,
Thank you very much for the help,
The problem has been resolved.
Disable (LOGGING ); has to do before calling xcopy and then do Enable(LOGGING);

Thanks once again. and Wish you very HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Regards,
Shekhar