This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL 2000 Causing Error 2755

5 replies to this topic

caselli

caselli
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 11:30

When I create a setup with ISWI 1.52 with MSDE 2000 Merge Modules, I get the error 2755.1641 in the end of the install to a Win2K Target.

The error happens when the setup is starting to install Windows Services. It only hapens if I include the SQL Agent or the SQL  Server merge modules.
If none of these Merge Modules are present in the setup, everything works Ok.

I saw all the articles about the 2755 error (none of them is about the 2755.1641) and none would solve this problem.

Any clues ?

Thank you

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 14:58

I've seen this same error with the merge modules on the refresh CD of MSDE 2000. I haven't found a cause yet.
Since you have this problem, too, I guess it's just another bug in these modules. We've resorted to run the MSDE setup.exe separately... :-(

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 15:27

Have you tested your setup on NT4? Does the error only affect Win2000, or all platforms (how about 9X)?

caselli

caselli
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 17:43

I haven't tested it with NT4.
I have tested on Win2K (lots of machines including freshly installed OS).
I tested in WinME and I didn't get this error. But I get the "Failed to load package id" error. This last one they say its fixed in a SQLBASE.MSM that is not included in the November refresh CD.

I'd like to include MSDE2000 in our own setup but I see this is going to be hard.

Until now i haven't managed to install the SQLSVR.MSM and SQLAGENT.MSM in any machine. The others are OK.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the reply

janmarker

janmarker
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 18:41

I have been asked by my users to include the MSDE install in our custom install package (created using ISWI 1.5.2).  I have not even begun to try adding it because I did not know how to do it, but now reading this thread, I am wondering if I can even do it without problems.  We are installing on Win95,NT, and 2000 machines.

Right now our users are complaining that they have to go through two separate installs (one for our application and one to install MSDE and the service packs for SQL Server/MSDE).

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could make this as simple as possible for our users without getting into some of the problems mentioned in this thread?