This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 2762

6 replies to this topic

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 September 2001 - 20:51

I get a runtime error of 2762 when my install encounters a CA to launch InstallScript, commit execution.  The Knowledge base article Q103213 says this error occurs when a Deferred action is in the wrong place.  But, I am using a Commit action.  I tried to apply the same resolution, though, like the article suggested, by putting my action before InstallFinialize, but then my CA to run the script does not work properly ...  (the script uses "LaunchApp" to run some .bat files, but when I move my CA before InstallFinalize, I am not able to launch these .bat files)

Any clues?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2001 - 22:22

Commit is a special type of deferred execution. I strongly discourage you from using a commit execution custom action for any other purpose than cleaning up backup files. Use an immediate custom action placed after InstallFinalize instead.
You can find some explanations in this article:
http://www.installsh...L-NL....article

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 14:50

okay,  I understand what you are saying.  I was originally trying to use an Immediate action, but, I am trying to get some .bat files that I run at the end of my install to use some environment variables that I set in the WriteEnvironmentStrings table......but they don't "know" about these variables until the install is complete, so I thought if I tried making them commit actions, they would have "knowledge" of these variables and would be able to use them??

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 September 2001 - 15:11

Commit actions are executed during ("inside") InstallFinalize. Immediate after InstallFinalize would be executed later. However they run in different processes, so that may make a difference. If immediate after InstallFinalize doesn't work, try deferred right before InstallFinalize.

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 19:03

Unfortunately, using an Immediate and a Deferred as you described both did not work, i.e. my .bat files still had no knowledge of my newly created environment variables.  

I am starting to run out of ideas of ways to get my .bat files working with the new environment variables....is there a way to run a file after install has completed...like you would run a Readme file after install completion? Maybe I could run my .bat files like that?

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 September 2001 - 14:59

Well, I tried launching my .bat the way you can launch a readme file, after completion of installation.  This did not work, either, the environment variables are still not know to my .bat files, even though I thought running my file after the install was complete in such a way, would give my .bat files a chance to see these variables and would work.

Helpless......any clues how to get this to work?