This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setting Product Version at Command Line

4 replies to this topic

Chelley

Chelley
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 14:30

I'm confused. I've seen lots of postings about setting the Product version when doing command line builds but there doesn't appear to be anyway in which is can be set and built all in one step. I've seen code added on here to set the product version but that appears to have to be run seperately. The whole idea of the command line build is to take away all the other steps. Surely there must be a way in which by running the IsCmBld.exe that the Product Version can be set to match the build number.

I'm using Developer 8 and very new to it so detailed responses please sad.gif

Chelley

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:50

I know how to do this using automation. I can dig up the code for this if that would help? I assume you would still be able to use the command line build for everything else.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:13

You will either need to use the Install Shield automation interface, or you can write a VB script (I think there is an example on the Install Site) that will SQL the installer database (msi).

I had to write my own executable to change things like product code, package code, version. I run this during our build after install shield has compiled the msi for me.

Chelley

Chelley
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:50

Any code would be much appreciated.

Also what is the Automation Interface????? How do I use it?

dkerwood

dkerwood
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 00:10

Chelley

After creating the .msi file using ISCmdBld.exe, you need to use WiRunSQL.vbs (Windows Installer Run SQL) This is found in the directory (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\samples\sysmgmt\msi\Scripts) after you've installed the Platform SDK from Feb 2003.

Simply add the following line to your .bat file

Cscript WiRunSQL.vbs Application.msi "UPDATE `Property` SET `Property`.`Value`='2.2.8' WHERE `Property`.`Property`='ProductVersion'"

It is important to use the right quotation marks because within the Property Table, there is also a Property Column. The table layout can be shown when you open the .msi file using ORCA.

If WiRunSQL spits any errors out, refer to information on msi errors which I found at

http://desktopengine...le=1&style=1002

Hope this help you out.

Regards

Darren