This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install service problem

1 reply to this topic

Paperino61

Paperino61
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 15:58

Hi, I've a problem installing a COM server that is also service, using ISWI 2.03. I try to built a MSI that installs a service on win2k server (but the problem is the same for client win2k or winXP).
My service works great if I register it with "-service" from command line. If I try to package using component wizard (comServer, This file also run as NT Service ecc) nothing works. the result seems to be ok, informations extracted for registration are ok ecc.
The installation works, the service is installed (the executable is on filesystem and I can see the service in the MMC of services) but it's impossible to start the service (time out ecc).
The executable is ok because if I register with "-service" the service works (but startup type is manual non automatic as I need)
Does anybody can help me? I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks in advance
Giambattista

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 23:50

You need to find out what the difference is between using the "-service" command and using the component wizard.

The component wizard is probably setting a wrong value.