This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

One Cab per Component/Feature

2 replies to this topic

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 14:23

With InstallShield 8 I can only choose between "One Cab per Component" and "One Cab per Feature".
The problem is that I've so much Features(and much more Components) that my setup has to many *.cab

Is there any solution to have a min of cab files?

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 07:13

My only suggestion would be to cut down on the number of features if that is possible in your setup.

Anyone else have any ideas?

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 12:10

I also had the problem to "cab" a setup and the two possibilities "One Cab per Component" and "One Cab per Feature" weren't really what I was looking for.
To solve the problem I wrote a VBScript that allows to build a partially cabbed setup, based on components. You can select which components shall be put to which cab-file and which components shall be left uncompressed. The script needs MS's tool MakeCab.exe and Windows Scripting host 5.6.

If you're interested, please send me an EMail with the text 'CAB-Script' in the subject.
h.teichert-ott