This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

xp before 6.31

5 replies to this topic

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 17:21

I have a project where they do not want to upgrade IS yet but they want to support xp.  Is this going to be a problem?  I am having to wait for an image and am looking at code and do not see any reason it should not work.

Anybody have any hints or suggestions?  (Besides upgrade IS.)

I use GetSystemInfo if it matters.  Once I get the test machine I can see what is being returned by this funtion in the 6.22 version of IS and make a determination.

Thanks in advance.
Lasenbby

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 17:53

No, there shouldn't be a problem.  So far my IS 6.31 installs have worked just fine under XP.

The GetSystemInfo call sees it correctly (v5.1, no service pack, etc.).
user posted image

SilentCry

SilentCry
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 20:57

I've actually got a problem with XP, that I'm trying to figure out.

Using ISP 6.30, I notice my application does not uninstall on Windows XP Pro.

The script runs, goes into maintenance mode, select remove.  It then starts uninstalling, and the status bar goes from 0 to 100% in the blink of an eye.  It says that the application was removed, but everything is still there. ie: Registry entries, files, etc..

any Suggestions Taco?

SC

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 March 2002 - 00:01

Yeah, ISP 6.31 via the downloadable patch.

But I'm not using Maintenance mode stuff, so that they or may not address your particular issue.

You should also check to see if you have Windows XP selected as a supported platform for your IS project.
user posted image

MKaiser

MKaiser
  • Full Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 March 2002 - 19:28

Without upgrading to IS6.31  I really do recomment to NOT let IS install onto a Windows XP system.

1. GetSystemInfo will return windows 95 as the OS instead of XP.

2. As a consdequence, all your file filters won't work correctly.

3. We have experienced major trouble if you have COM based applications. Some of them do not unregister and hang the whole installer in uninstallation mode under XP...happy debugging :(

4. Are your applications ready for XP? Did you try that "User Switch" feature? We have recgonized a whole bunch of work to make our software work correctly under these circumstences...

Regards,
Marko

SilentCry

SilentCry
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 16:41

Marko,

I upgraded to 6.31, and it worked just fine.  As for those other tests, *shrug* they tell me they want to install on XP, it's their job to make sure it works properly. :)

SC