This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to Create Custom Dialog in Install Shield 2015

5 replies to this topic

kruparao

kruparao
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:28

I am new to windows installer. I want to create a setup file for web application along with SQL Server 2014 express edition and vs framework 4.5.

When I click on setup file first dialog shows below format

·         Install Application Only

·         Install DB Only

·         Install both App and DB Only

Username        :  Textbox Control

Email  Address : Textbox Control

Company          : Textbox Control

If user select any one of the above option(Radio Button) and fill the user information, So we capture all this information where as we are showing two radio button controls for trail version and License version.

Note :  Assume that, if we select 3rd option and fill the user details, then we click on button, the data will be saved into Database.                             

How to implement the above functionality in install shield 2015?     

How to attach prerequisites(Sqlserver 2014 express edition and vs framework 4.5) to setup file?

How to implement Custom Dialog in Install shield 2015 ?

Can we add controls like (Radio button, Text Boxes and Buttons) for custom dialog?

If we click on next button in custom dialog, Is it communicate to our local database(SQL Server 2014). If it yes, how to do that?

What is use of custom actions and how to implement?

Please  provide me detail information on above steps and provide any examples if you have.

Appreciate your help.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:28

Which project type are you using?

kruparao

kruparao
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:31

We are using Web Project Setup & Deploy

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:08

I mean: which project type in InstallShield. Installshield has a few different project types with different functionality. This forum has separate sections for these project types. You posted your question in the "About this forum" section which is labeled: "Do not post setup related questions in this forum. This place is ONLY for questions and suggestions regarding the use of the forum itself.". I would like to move your question to the section that matches your Installshield project type. This will make it easier to answer it and for other users to find it.

kruparao

kruparao
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:23

I think,it is a Basic MSI project type. What i have done, I have downloaded Installshield 2015 LE from Visual Studio 2013 and create a setup file for web application. Please let me know, if i do any thing wrong

Edited by kruparao, 21 September 2016 - 08:33.

vishnupv

vishnupv
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:13

As a Quick solution, what you can do is, edit the "Ready To Install" Custom Dialog. Then, Add your options as check boxes. Then, to control the user inputs, Add "Property" of Check box as MSI custom properties. Use MSIGetProperty function to do customization. Keep the Property value empty in property table if you want the checkbox unchecked.