This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

using SOAP merge modules in Pro. 5.1

1 reply to this topic

k_hris

k_hris
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2002 - 20:26

I am using IS pro 5.1 and have a project that requires me to install some software on all Windows platforms except 95.  I need to 'add' the SOAP core files, which are in a .msm format.  Problem is, I am not sure where to begin, or if this is even possible in the Professional version.  Can someone let me know if it is possible, and if so, what is my first task?  All help/comments are appreciated.  Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 April 2002 - 16:08

InstallShield Professional 5 or 6 cannot consume merge modules. If these redistributables aren't available as exe package, you would have to use a Windows Installer based tool (like InstallShield Express or Developer, or some freeware tool) to create a setup that installs the modules, and call this from your IS5 setup. You will also have to install the Windows Installer runtime files.

Maybe the best solution would be to give up IS5 and create your installation with InstallShield Developer if you want to use technologies like SOAP.