This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstalling .ini files

3 replies to this topic

georger

georger
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 10:29

I have a setup which modifies .ini files which when I uninstall are not removed. Also my application creates files which I wish to remove.

Can anyone tell me if this can be achieved?

(Edited by georger at 10:29 am on June 7, 2001)

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 18:07

If you can make dummy placeholder files, then have the installer create them, and when it uninstalls, the files will be removed.  Otherwise, you can investigate creating a custom uninstall DLL that will be called by the Uninstallshield.  Within this DLL you can make some Win32 API calls to delete the files and undo the changes to the Ini files.

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 13:39

As the documentation describes (if one happens to find the text) files are not deleted if they are created by writing a text ie with WriteProfString. The text in this file will be deleted, but not the file itself.
So (like Blake Miller Wonder said) copy a dummy file to this location, write the text needed into it and it will be deleted when uninstalled.

Blake: I didn't want to copy your text, just make clear how this happens.