This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Question on rolling back application to original s

1 reply to this topic

chinhw

chinhw
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:05

I need to create a new version of your program and want to be able to update existing installations either with a full install package or with a patch package.

However, I have a requirement to rollback a patch to its original stage after the user uninstall the patch. Please do not mistake this as the current rollback feature provided by installshield when installation fails.

Is there such a feature in installshield or any other installer out in the market? I have heard others mention that this is not provided by installshield and we need to do this manually. Is that correct?

kinetic

kinetic
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 18:10

I am also eagerly trying to figure out this exact same problem.

I know that InstallShield has a rollback in case the installation or uninstallation fails. Perhaps you can tell the installer to keep the "backup" or "rollback" files instead of deleting them when the installer is done and successful, and then somehow call the same rollback function on an uninstallation rather than a remove all.

Any ideas on how to do that?