This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem Custom Action on Uninstallation

2 replies to this topic

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 11:55

Hi,

I'm using ISDev7.02. I have to run an executable file on uninstallation before the files will be removed. This custom action is under the Merge module that the executable file to be run is included. How will i do this??? Any idea???

I have tried to make a custom action (launch an executable/store in directory table type)
Source: INSTALLDIR
Target: -unregserver
(Immediate action/always execute)

I inserted it after CostFinalize of my main installer with the condition REMOVE And VersionNT. But it runs after the files are uninstalled. I tried to insert it between remove or unregister actions but i still got the same result.   :(

Do you have any other way to do this. Please let me know if you have any idea. I really need to do this as soon as possible. I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks in advace.

Dyerald

ibwhoib

ibwhoib
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 20:26

You can import the custom actions in a merge module into the main installer. This is done when you insert the custom action into the sequence. If you right-click and select insert a dialog for custom action shows up. If you use the drop down and select Merge Module Custom Actions you should see the custom actions from the merge modules you have added to the installer. You can then places these in the sequence.

As far as positioning in the sequence for unistall I put mine after RemoveEnvironmentString and set my condition to Remove. For installation of the action I put it right before ISRebootPatchHandler and set my condition to Not Installed.

I hope this helps. Take care.

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 08:28

Hi,

Thank for answering my post. I've tried your advise. I inserted it after RenoveEnvironmentString with REMOVE And VersionNT condition but it still runs the custom actuon after the files are remove.

What I want to do is run the exe file before the file is removed during installation. Pls. help me.   Im running out of time. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Dyerald