This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Project won't uninstall

3 replies to this topic

JonB

JonB
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 22:49

Using ISDev 7.01.

I have a project created in ISDev 7.0, and I must have done something to it.  Now when I install and then uninstall, it gives me an error box entitled "Feature transfer error" and the message is "Error -1612: The installation source for this product is not available.  Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

What "source" is it referring to?  I installed from the IDE, and I'm uninstalling from the Add/Remove Programs window.

mandrews

mandrews
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 23:00

Don't know if this is related or not...

If I'm fooling around with the release wizard for a while, all of a sudden dev7.01 can not erase or replace the release folder.  It thinks it's read-only or another user has it open or something (this is not the case).

If I close and reopen dev7, then all is well again.

So try closing dev7.  If that doesn't work, reboot.  If that doesn't work, something is fubar.

JonB

JonB
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 23:57

So I found more info.  It appears that when installing, the launcher (setup.exe) creates a few files in a temp directory (the .msi file, isscript.msi, setup.ini, 0x0409.ini and _ismsidel.ini).  But then it deletes the temp directory.  When I backed up those files (manually) during the install, and then restored the same-named directory before the uninstall, then it worked.  

So what did I do that causes this?  A simple all-default one-file installer doesn't have this problem.

JonB

JonB
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 01:25

I had it set to make a Network Image (for unlimited size).  When I change it to CD-ROM, then it all works OK.  Since the product is still well under 650mb, I guess that's what I'll do.

Out of curiosity, and related to another thread, I tried Network Image and also setting CacheWebDownload to 'yes'.  That seemed to allow me to do an uninstall (with a different window, from Windows Installer perhaps).  But it didn't bring up the Maintenance window.