This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Launching an application once copied to disk

2 replies to this topic

David Winter

David Winter
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 17:26

Hello,

When I was using InstallShield Professional, I could use the OnInstalled event to run the installation of an application that was provided as a single EXE file. For example, MDAC ships as one EXE that, once run, installs MDAC.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to do the same thing under InstallShield Multi-Platform in order to launch the EXE once it is installed on disk.

Regards,

David Winter

josh

josh
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2001 - 19:37

Did you try using the "Applet" launcher type?

This is not really an answer to your question, but it may be a way to do what you want to do. I assume you want the user to click on a link on the web, and then the installer to download itself and immediately begin installing.

One way to do this is to use the applet  distribution type.

Under the "build" tab, click on distributions. Where you see the parameters for "win32 distribution", that you used to create your setup.exe file, there is also a distribution called "applet distribution". This distribution creates a web page that is the launcher for the installer.

robsahm

robsahm
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2001 - 06:58

You need to add an exe bean after the install sequence in the wizard tree.  This will execute after all files have been transfered.  You can use string resolution to get the destination directory and then launch your app from there.