This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Internal Error 2349

5 replies to this topic

reflex

reflex
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 10:02

I am getting this error when running an install on version 1.10.1029.1 of the windows installer.
For any version higher than this (including 1.11.2405.0) it works fine.

Anybody else had this problem before or know what the solution is?

Thanks

Pete

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:50

In this case it's most likely a bug in that engine version. Unfortunately there's no official fix list from Microsoft.
The solution would be to install the newer engine. I'd recommend version 2.0 if feasible.

reflex

reflex
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 16:55

Thanks Stefan,

due to specs given out by customers we are almost forced to carry on using the lowest version possible of the Windows Installer service (there are a lot of paranoid sys Admins out there).

We will just have to note this as a bug in that particular build of the Installer engine.

Thanks for the help.

Reflex.

Duckbert

Duckbert
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 11:54

Hi,

I am using installshield express 4 to generate my install and am getting the same error. My engine is version 2.0 though. When I copy it to the HD of the test machine it works fine. How common is this error? Does anyone know if it only works with burnt CDs? (I plan on getting my CDs stamped)

If there is any feedback available on this that would be great.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 09:16

I don't think it maters how the CD was created.
It might be a problem with long file or directory names (with spaces or more than 8.3 characters). If it works from local disk, then as a workaround you could create a self extracting exe package, which will extract the setup files to the hard disk and run setup from there.

Zardoz

Zardoz
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 22:43

Found this at a Borland support site for Delphi:
This is a Windows Installer (MSI) error.
It means "Copy Resumed With Different Info".
It most commonly occurs because the CD is dirty or scratched.
If cleaning the CD does not help you may need to copy the Delphi
install onto your hard drive. You can also try turning off virus
protection software while running the install