This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

INSTALLDIR changing

3 replies to this topic

skjones

skjones
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 18:04

I have a script function that sets INSTALLDIR via the MsiSetProperty function. I have this executing in a cusom action just before the Welcome dialog sequence. The value is, for example,
C:\dir1\dir2". I check this after with MsiGetProperty, and it does, in fact get set. In the props for the components I have the destination dir as "[INSTALLDIR]\Server". The directory to which the files are copied is (using the example dirs) "C:\dir1\dir2\Server\Server". Notice that the server dir is duplicated. If I take out the "\Server" in the destination for the components, the files are installed to "C:\dir1\dir2". Why does this "extra" server dir show up?

NOTE: I DO NOT have the DestinationFolder dialog in this setup.

Thanks for any help. -Scott

skjones

skjones
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 22:59

I've found the problem - the Destination Folder property was set to the \dir1\dir2\Server folder. It seems to reset my INSTALLDIR property even though I set it after My Welcome dialog sequence. If I leave it blank IS thinks INSTALLDIR is a literal string, and my files go in the <drive_with_most_disk_space>:\INSTALLDIR\Server.

Anyone who knows how to fix? I'll post a fix here unless someone else helps me before I find one.

Thanks!

skjones

skjones
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2001 - 20:19

The solution I found was to move the custom action that is setting the INSTALLDIR to just after the SetupInitialization sequence.

Before, it was placed just before the InstallWelcome squence. It appears as though IS reads the INSTALLDIR value sometime between the FindRelatedApps and MigrateFeatureStates sequences.

Is this documented somewhere? Thanks!