This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 2761

1 reply to this topic

Doug Paida

Doug Paida
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 20:42

Has anyone ever encountered the runtime error 2761 (Cannot begin transaction. Global mutex not properly initialized.)? If so, what are the potential causes of this? I only see one entry in the log file relating to the mutex, stating "Grabbed execution mutex", and processing continues for a little ways past that, but stops in the InstallValidate task. There are no error messages in the log file - we saw the above error in the Windows Event Viewer. What the user sees is that the progress bar goes to about halfway, and then hangs there for several minutes. They have to use Task Manager to break out of it. Please let me know if you have any ideas as to the cause of this error. Thanks!

Doug Paida

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 07:25

Have a look around the Microsoft support page and search for that error. I vaguely remember a problem like this on my machine and i search through here and found the solution.
You could also try searching google and the MSI newsgroups