This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to conditionally show/hide "ChangeFolder" in c

2 replies to this topic

FraMix

FraMix
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 14:28

Hi,

as default the button "ChangeFolder" in the custom setup is hidden, when the user wants to add features of a installed project to his local disk (Maintenance-Mode).

Now we want to be able, to show the button, when the user selects a feature, which is NOT installed jet - and hide it, when he selects a feature which is installed.
(This should be the same behavour like the "Location"-Text).

Is there a method to change the state of the button conditionally?
We tried to modify the entry in the ControlCondition-Table but that does not work...

Every hint is welcome!

Thanx.

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:14

as I understand, you want to retrieve 'realtime' actionstates of features control the state of the button. I have also tried something like this a time ago for another purposes and i remember that this wasn't possible with windows installer 2.0.

Don't know if this is possible within windows installer 3.0. Maybe have a look at the release notes.

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:16

QUOTE (Christoph @ 2005-11-17 12:14)
Hi,

as default the button "ChangeFolder" in the custom setup is hidden, when the user wants to add features of a installed project to his local disk (Maintenance-Mode).

Now we want to be able, to show the button, when the user selects a feature, which is NOT installed jet - and hide it, when he selects a feature which is installed.
(This should be the same behavour like the "Location"-Text).

Is there a method to change the state of the button conditionally?
We tried to modify the entry in the ControlCondition-Table but that does not work...

Every hint is welcome!

Thanx.

as I understand, you want to retrieve 'realtime' actionstates of features to control the state of the 'Change'button...

I have also tried something like this a time ago for another purposes and i remember that this wasn't possible with windows installer 2.0.

Don't know if this is possible within windows installer 3.0. Maybe have a look at the release notes.

Edited by Christoph, 17 November 2005 - 12:16.