This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

HCKU Entries Not Keys?

1 reply to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 16:04

Hi there,

Here's my scenario, I'm switching back to InstallShield from Wise and I have a few questions about Registry keys.

Let's say I have a registry entry component, Comp1, that is written to HKCU and is set as the key.

Now, in another component, Comp2, I have a single, different HKCU reg entry that has NO key set.

A non-installing user initiates our app and the missing HKCU key/value triggers repair of Comp1. During the repair process, will Comp2's value be written or does the repair only fix components having keys which may be detected as missing?

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 17:09

It's the feature containing the component(s) that gets repaired so, if the feature contains both components, then both will be repaired.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.