This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem writing to network drives

1 reply to this topic

Troubled

Troubled
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 17:20

Good day. Hopefully someone here will be able to help with this problem...

I am trying to move from an InstallScript MSI project to a Basic MSI project (2008) and have hit a serious problem. At the end of the install I need to create an INI file containing information collected during the install. However we do not always want to create this INI so using the INI table is not an option. I have an InstallScript function which creates the INI file and it works fine on a local drive.

Unfortunalely, I am unable to create or modify a file using a script function on a network drive. I do have full control on the share and all other files are installed fine. The old InstallScript MSI project does not experience this problem.

The problems occurs when I use the WriteProfString function and also if I try CreateFile.

Has anyone seen this problem? Any possible workarounds? (Again, I would prefer to use the INI table but this is not an option in this case.)

Thanks.
Ian

Troubled

Troubled
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 17:41

I think I have found the problem. The CA was deferred execution in system context. When I removed the system context, the CA worked fine.