This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Interesting question about REMOVE Property

4 replies to this topic

babric

babric
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:02

Hello,

I have experienced something insteresting :

I wanted to remove the "End Dialog" (The one which tell you that the setup has finished - called SetupCompleteSuccess on IS, and Exit_Dialog on Wise) but ONLY during the uninstall.
So I tried to set the "End_Dialog" condition to NOT REMOVE="ALL" or REMOVE~<>"ALL" , but it didn't work.

Someone told me to try the vendor specific Properties of Maintenance mode :

_IsMaintenance on IS or MaintenanceMode on Wise.

So I tried _IsMaintenance~<>"Remove" and it worked !

Extract from MSDN :
Note that the REMOVE property is not guaranteed to be set to ALL during an uninstall before the installer executes the InstallValidate action.

Ok, but the "End_Dialog" is scheduled AFTER InstallValidate, no ?

The problems seems to be that this Property is not visible from the InstallUISequence...

Do you have any idea about it ?

mandy

mandy
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 14:56

Here's a quote from WiseUser found on a website called Appdeploy:

I believe the execution order of an MSI during a standard installation looks something like this:

InstallUISequence (LaunchConditions -> ExecuteAction) -> Immediate "InstallExecuteSequence" (LauchConditions -> InstallFinalize) -> Deferred "InstallExecuteSequence" (InstallInitialize -> InstallFinalize) -> Immediate "InstallExecuteSequence" (InstallFinalize -> End) -> InstallUISequence (ExecuteAction -> End)

It would seem that properties set during "InstallExecuteSequence" are not available in the final (post-"ExecuteAction") part of the "InstallUISequence".

babric

babric
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 16:08

biggrin.gif

And you can see that I'm the author of the topic on appdeploy :-)

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 22:43

At the end of the InstallExecuteSequence, the new property values are indeed not transferred to the UI sequence.
However, if your setup is run in the UI sequence, you can be sure that the user passed the Maintenance dialog. So using the [_IsMaintenance] property (which is the last value of the radiobutton choice) is a valid alternative.

babric

babric
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 14:35

Ok thank you !