This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dynamic links: Excluding subfolder

1 reply to this topic

Maharani

Maharani
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 14:24

Hallo,

with our application we supply lots of files distributed in lots of directories. The structure is something like this (simplified):

CODE

root
 sub1
 sub2
   subsub1
   subsub2
 samples_english
 samples_german
 sub3

and so on.

After installing the tree should look like
CODE

root
 sub1
 sub2
   subsub1
   subsub2
 samples
 sub3

I want to have a filegroup for the english files, for the german files and for the neutral files. Therefore I need to exclude one or more complete folders. Help states that by selecting a path variable in the exclude list I could do so, just that I don't see any path variable in the combo box. I tried to exclude <PATH_TO_GERMAN_SAMPLES> or <PATH_TO_GERMAN_SAMPLES>\*.*
but this didn't help either, files are still included.
So what is the correct syntax? Or is it impossible to exclude folders in dynamic links?

I really need some approach to handle this sort of structure, developers won't provide the files in another way because they prefer me going mad instead of themselves. dry.gif
And I would like to use dynamic linking as high in the hierarchy as possible because I prefer not going mad at all - this structure is bound to change quite often, and we have _several_ folders with similar structures.

As a workaround I had the idea of copying the files into a structure suitable to InstallShield mechanism (i.e. by a VBScript). I'd like to know whether there is a possibility of telling InstallShield to execute a script _before_ building the project? Usually I'm not the one actually building the complete project and experience shows that starting a VBScript before starting InstallShield is never remembered, despite all the ReadMe-Files in the setup folder. unsure.gif

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Rita

rusgrafx

rusgrafx
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 21:23

Hi Rita,

Try to just put "samples_*" in the exclude list.
And then create another component(s) that would handle languages appropriately.

Regards,
RUS ULANOFF