This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

splash screen with logo on it ?? still exist?

6 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 February 2001 - 22:02

In installshield 6.1 i could splash a 3x5 pic up as windows installer was getting ready to run and before it got to the welcome screen.  
Also by the time the welcome screen was there it was in full screen mode and during the installing of files  i had bitmaps in upper left.

Can i still do any of these things with the windows installer? I am not finding Windows installer able to do that. But i could be blind.

Thx in advance for any help.

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 00:09

omg out of all the people who have looked at this post noone knows if you can do these simple things?
I mean it doesnt seem as complicated as some of these topics, but perhaps it is.

(Edited by Adam at 11:13 pm on Feb. 21, 2001)

kimpipes

kimpipes
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 00:15

I haven't used the feature, but I know with version 2.0 there is a billboard feature.  Under the design a interface section you can select a file to be displayed on a splash screen..

hope this helps.

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 02:15

kimpipes ... sorry, but that is not what the Billboard control is used for.  It is used, for example, on the ProgressDlg to display the dynamic text that tells you what is going on at any given time.

all ... What you are attemping to do can be done with a bit of ingenuity.  What you will want to do is to create a 'larger than usual' dialog that should contain a bitmap image and whatever text you want to put on it.  Make the dialog modeless, and display it early in the game.  You will want to play with the formatting a bit until you get something you like.

Then modify your other dialogs (which are generally modal) to add the value 16 to the dialog attributes.  This keeps modeless dialogs.  Finally, make sure that the final dialog in your sequence does not keep the modeless dialog so that it eventually gets deleted.

I use a slightly different method with my installs.  I have replaced the standard bitmap on the generic dialogs with a custom bitmap for our product.  I have also changed the bannerbmp to be customized to our install.  Then I don't use the modeless dialog in the background.

nraina

nraina
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 01:43

that sounds like a great idea!
i tried it but am not able to do it completely.

1. i made a new dialog (by right click on dialogs in 'dialog explorer')
Modal: False
Keep Modeless: False
If i put Keep Modeless: True set up hangs and i have to kill it from Task Manager.

2. Then put the dialog box just before InstallWelcome dialog box in Sequence table

Now, what happens is that for one moment, my new dialog box is displayed with welcome dialog on top of it but the next moment my dialog box disappears!

3. I did not follow what you meant by "add the value 16 to the dialog attributes"..

Pl help..it is urgent!

suvidha

suvidha
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 02:05

I am doing teh same thing what SteveP has suggested.

i installed ORCA and made a cutom dialog and all is working fine (ie dialog boxes have focus)..but there are couple of issues:
I made the background dialog box by doing right-click on AllDialogs  and selecting a new dialog.
and NOT by other methods

1. This dialog box must be DISABLED (otherwise any click on it will hide the setup dialog boxes)..disabling the bitmap image does not help.

2. Now, this dialog box shows up with scroll bars which should NOT appear.

3. task bar still appears at the bottom of desktop

** i thought of using InstallDialogue from moonsea software but on web page http://moonsea.com/ it says that the product is for Installshield 5.0 and 6.0 but i am using
Installshield Professional Windows Installer Edition 2.0

Please help...