This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error installing app- Server with Term Serv

1 reply to this topic

kdewar

kdewar
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 15:25

I have a general question about non MSI Installshield created installs failing when installing on a 2003 server with Terminal Services installed. Things to note:
I did not create the install, a vendor I am working with did. In the past this vendor has given us the files and directions to do the install manually. blink.gif
It has only been very recently that they have started creating exe's for their patches.

We received an update to install this week and it installed fine on the 1st 2003 server. When we went to install the same update to another box we encountered an error that stated the setup failed and in the details mentioned another application install was already running. If you acknowledge the error the setup cancels. There are no dialog boxes, the install just launches a splash screen then a progress bar. When the exe is launched two processes of the same name (the exe name) start immediately. This is not something I have ever seen before.

The difference between the two servers was one had just had Terminal Services installed. Once Terminal Services was removed the installed worked fine. I did a search and saw that there were some issues with certain custom actions and Terminal Services. As I did not make the package I can't say if there are custom actions or not.

I am basically trying to gather any information I can before going back to the vendor; so any thoughts would be great. I would love a list of good questions to send them. Also if you think I am looking in the wrong place and should look more at the Terminal Services (MS) side let me know. I am doing that as well, but any feedback will be welcomed.

Thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:34

I have a general question about non MSI Installshield created installs

THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR MSI (WINDOWS INSTALLER) PROJECTS, not even for "InstallScript MSI"

Moving question to the MSI section...