This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

show progress bar in basic msi

3 replies to this topic

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 16:28

hello

i am trying to use progress bar other than the sample msi uses :

[ProgressType1] Installing 1
[ProgressType2] Installed 1
[ProgressType3] Installs 1

these are the progress bar that i could find to study. other examples that i find uses scripts.

i have looked at the help by installshield, and it shows just properties of progress bar and nothing else.

(1) how can i use progressbar object that installshield provides so i can control the window style and appearance of bar??

thank you

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 21:57

i figure out the above question.

but i still can not find 1 problem, which is displying percent completion on progress bar.

can anyone help me on this?

thank you

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:00

The Windows Installer determines (during InstallInitialize) how much time all actions between InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize will cost. It just determines how many files, registry keys, etc. it needs to remove and create. However, it ignores any (commit and deferred) custom actions.

If you have custom actions that take quite an amount of time, you should make a reservation. When your (commit or deferred) CA is executed, you can advance the progress bar.

To do so, read "Adding Custom Actions to the ProgressBar" in the SDK.

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 00:38

thank you Zweitze for the reply

but do i have to use script to add more "ticks"??
is there any substitude method which i could apply to IDE ??
(such as populate sequence table with name of custom action.. etc)

thank you,