This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

multiple app folders

1 reply to this topic

philg

philg
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 21:13

Hi,
I have an msi installer created in .net2005 that has worked fine creating and updating the app folder in programs folder/my company name folder. Until now, it has been installing a command line app, a Windows app and a library in that one folder. Now I need it to do two new things. I want the installer to create or update a new folder and install the (renamed) Windows app and library in it but also create or update a second folder with the command line app and library in it. This needs to be done because some existing customers have another app that is pointing to the path of the command line app folder and they shouldn't be forced to change that pointer. I see that I can create another folder in the file view but how do I tell msi to put certain active outputs in one folder or the other?
philg

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:33

You don't need a custom action for this. In Windows Installer you can specify a destination folder for each component separately. Whether and how to do this in your tool of course depends on the tool you are using.