This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install & Display billboards or images

2 replies to this topic

aroon

aroon
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 14:43

Hi All,

I need help over a issue which relates to InstallScript MSI project.

I want to display & update series of the images while the progress bar is being updated (every 3 seconds or so).
That means, while installation process, user can see various advertise images on rest of dialog area alongwith progress bar which should be get update after specific period(here, 3 sec).

Does anyone have idea about this or how we can resolve this using installscript?

Cheers,
Aroon

bhoovi_s

bhoovi_s
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:58

Hi Aroon

Create the number of images that you wanted to display in the background during the installation progress bar and the name them as bbrd1.bmp, bbrd2.bmp,.. bbrdn.bmp.

Add them under Behaviour & Logic => Setup Files / Billboards => Language Independent.

Build and Run the installer. Each bbrd.bmp will get displayed for Installation time/ n seconds, where n is the number of billboard images.

Regards
Bhuvana

Edited by bhoovi_s, 10 July 2008 - 11:58.

aroon

aroon
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:54

Hi Bhoovi,

Thanks for reply. I have tried by importing billboards at mentioned location in installshield. But still it doesn't display images.

Even i tried the steps mentioned at following link:
http://community.ins...ad.php?p=410770

Do you have exact steps to display images during progress installation?
VERY URGENT!!!

Cheers,
Aroon