This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Creating backup

2 replies to this topic

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 17:06

Is there any way to have InstallShield automatically back up replaced files to a certain directory? I don't want to have to copy each file out in InstallScript. Does anyone know a way to do this? Thanks!

-- spdygnlz --

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 19:05

K, so after I posted I figured I could use the OnInstallingFile() function to copy that particular file out to a given dir. Is there a better way to do that? Is there a way to do that for registry entries without creating new registry entries to store them? I keep thinking that there's got to be some functionality in InstallShield that takes care of that.

If it helps, what I'm trying to do is write a ServicePack installation that can be uninstalled and still have the program work how it did before.

-- spdygnlz --

kinetic

kinetic
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 18:26

QUOTE (spdygnlz @ 2006-04-07 19:05)
K, so after I posted I figured I could use the OnInstallingFile() function to copy that particular file out to a given dir. Is there a better way to do that? Is there a way to do that for registry entries without creating new registry entries to store them? I keep thinking that there's got to be some functionality in InstallShield that takes care of that.

If it helps, what I'm trying to do is write a ServicePack installation that can be uninstalled and still have the program work how it did before.

I'm also very interested! Any updates?