This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

LAAW_PARAMETERS.nLaunchResult returns error code "259" .

3 replies to this topic

shanmuga

shanmuga
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:55

Hi ,
In Installscript , while calling LaunchAppAndWait API, it returns successfull . i.e returns Zero. But while the return code from LAAW_PARAMETERS.nLaunchResult = "259". What is the reason for such conflict ?

Here the code follows:

LaunchAppAndWait( "exampl.exe", "", LAAW_OPTION_WAIT | LAAW_OPTION_HIDDEN);-----> returns 0 --- successful.

LAAW_PARAMETERS.nLaunchResult ----> returns 259.

Please reply if anyone knows. Thanks in advance

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 16:45

LaunchAppAndWait returning 0 means the application was successfully launched.

LAAW_PARAMETERS.nLaunchResult tells you the exit code that the launched application returned to the calling process (InstallShield). You need to check the documentation for the launched application to see what 259 means.

Alibaba

Alibaba
  • Full Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:22

I have the same result "259", but my launched application is returning a path. So I think the problem ist the conversion from number to string via NumToString function:

nRet1 = LaunchAppAndWait("my.exe", "my param", LAAW_OPTION_SHOW_HOURGLASS);

if (nRet1 = ISERR_SUCCESS) then

NumToStr(sRet1, LAAW_PARAMETERS.nLaunchResult);

SuiteLogInfo ("return: %s", sRet1);

endif;

Anyone any ideas how I get the returned path? Or is it not possible at all to get a returned string with LaunchAppAndWait?

Edited by Alibaba, 23 May 2018 - 11:23.

czerwinski1977

czerwinski1977
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 13:36

Exit Code 259: STILL_ACTIVE

I also had this once -- if I remember correctly the meaning was that the process was still running and I needed to wait for it to end.