This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing a windows service property

2 replies to this topic

SOWI

SOWI
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:24

My setup installs a service that reads a parameter from registry. If I want to change the parameter I have to restart the service.
During the installation I use a property that is requested inside the GUI sequence.

After the application is installed I want to change the parameter in Add/Remove Programms -> "Modify".
Now I have the problem that notihng is changed. I can enter a new value in the GUI sequence, but the service will not be restarted, because the component is not modified.

Is there a way to force a reinstall of a component from setup script, so that the registry parameter can be read?
Frank Dering

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:49

Inside a setup you cannot force the reinstall/repair of a component. However, you can force the reinstall/repair of a feature. Unfortunately you can only do so during the UI part of the setup.

To do so, use the ReInstall ControlEvent, with the feature name(s) as a parameter.

SOWI

SOWI
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:00

Thanks. That was exactly what I'm looking for.
Frank Dering