This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installshield 2014 Premier suite add .ism packages

2 replies to this topic

adboll

adboll
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 21:49

Recently, I was brave and installed Installshield 2014 Premier. The new features seem pretty nice. One of them I had a question about though. In the suite project, you can now add .ism projects as a package. Basic msi projects that generate a msi seem to work with this feature ok, however basic msi projects that generate exe's, it tries to target a msi and throws an error 7239 on build. Was this feature not intended to work with ism projects that generate an exe???

V/R,

Doug Bollenbach

Boeing FWB IETM Technical Services

Software Engineer

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 16:54

I don't know for sure but this sentence in the Release Notes seems to indicate that exe packages are not supported:

InstallShield adds the output of the Basic MSI and InstallScript projects to the Suite/Advanced UI installation as .msi and .hdr packages.

adboll

adboll
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 15:14

Thanks Stephan! I did not see that in the notes. Confirmed the suite will not auto build MSI projects with a setup.exe wrapper.

V/R,

Doug Bollenbach

Boeing FWB IETM Technical Services

Software Engineer