This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Supressing Dialog boxes

4 replies to this topic

upkaar

upkaar
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:59

Hi Stefan,

I've a query. I'm currently packaging business objects. I've a vendor MSI. I need to supress dialog boxes. Now the deal is these dialog boxes are coming NOT from dialog tab but from DLLs which are being called from custom actions. Is it possible for me to supress the dialog boxes without commenting the custom actions.

Please reply at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Upkar

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 14:52

In general: no. Unless the author of the DLL has added some custom option for that purpose. So you should contact them, that's your only chance.

upkaar

upkaar
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:07

Thanks for your help, Stefan. My work has been made easier. Boss has asked to take a setup capture, instead.

Regards,
Upkar

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 17:37

I once went to insane lenghts to work around a setup problem like this. Essentially I replaced the GUI dll in an existing setup with one from a setup with no dialogs. This did work, but it kills all custom GUI logic.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 18:53

Another option might be to let the computer click the buttons on that dialogs for you, with a tool like AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com/)