This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall using Embbeded Chainer

2 replies to this topic

haripanicker

haripanicker
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 20:52

Hi,

Using the new feature in msi 4.5 i am able to install multiple msis using embedded chainer.... but how do i uninstall the msis installed???

This is how i am doing it now... there is a parent msi which has a embedded chainer exe in it.... the chainer exe calls msiinstallproduct(msipath,"REMOVE=ALL") on each msi....

There are few problems i am facing.. the first is how do i get the msipaths??Becos the user will install the msis(product) from a cd(which means i can get the msipaths to install the msis)... but when he uninstalls, he is not gonna use the cd(meaning the msis used to install are not present on the system while uninstallation)... Hope my problem makes sense...

is there another way to do this??

Hari

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:13

I think I responded in your other post that I haven't yet played with v4.5 but I can't see that a chained MSI would be any different to a normal one, in that the engine will cache the MSI locally.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:16

You could use MsiConfigureProduct instead, where you can specify the ProductCode GUID instead of the package path.