This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Transforms help needed

4 replies to this topic

MIS049

MIS049
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 21:51

I am trying to figure out how I can take a transform and an existing MSI package and embed the transform into a new package. For example I would like to build a transform for Visio 2002... I would then like to embed the transform into a 3rd file that has the complete setup including the transform. I use an automated software distribution system that was built in house and it can only accept one syntax. Beacause I have so many repackaged legacy apps I want to just use the syntax "msiexec /i program.msi LIMITUI=2" instead of "msiexec /i program.msi LIMITUI=2 TRANSFORMS=program.mst"

Does anyone know of a reference to help get me there?

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 15:03

check out 'embedded transforms' in the sdk help...

mile.varicak

mile.varicak
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 14:16

You can use ORCA.
That is a microsoft freeware.
Open the *.msi file with orca and go to Transform - Apply transform and then search for the particular *.mst file

andrewvela@capgroup.com

andrewvela@capgroup.com
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 23:49

You could use Tranform Viewer (available on this site) to find the contents of the transform and then add it to the MSI table using Orca (available from Microsoft). That seems like a lot more work than just adding the TRANSFORMS= parameter but it should work.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 05:58

I believe there is a feature to "merge" msi databases in Installshield Developer. It is in Tools : Create/Apply Transform.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul