This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Only change XMl file when feature being installed

1 reply to this topic

Minsc

Minsc
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 22:53

Hi I am currently working on a multi featured install package where one of the features has an associated XML file with it. (i am using IS 10.5 priemere).

However when that feature is not selected to be installed the install rolls back and complains that the said XML file is not there to change.

My question is there any way possible to set a condition on the XML file change to only occur when the associated feature is installed.

Thanks in advance

Minsc

Minsc
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 20:41

After contacting installshield I came up with feasable solution to this.

To get the XML file to only install with the feature it is associated with you have to go to the custom action view and view all custom actions.

Then on each of the ISXML actions you must put the condition that checks if the associated feature is being installed.

ex. !FeatureName=3

Hope this helps anyone needing to do this.

Was kind of rushed making this post however if you need clarification please post and i will explain the process in more detail when i get the time.

Cheers