This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Out of Space does not work

10 replies to this topic

mouy

mouy
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:49

Hi,

I am using the standard out of space sequence provided by Devstudio Basic MSI.

When I select Custom Setup and C: drive is out of space. I change the installation directory to D drive which has enough space.

WHen I press Next it goes to the Out of Disk Space dialog
I click OK but it brings me back to choosing the installation directory.

Even though I have changed it to D drive which has over a few gigs, it is still saying I am out of disk space.

How do I get out of this??

THanks!

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:10

Did you change the actual install folder to install on D: instead of C:??

This will probably be your problem.

mouy

mouy
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:26

Hi,

Yes I did. Shouldnt the dialog recalculate?

Does that mean i can never install on D unless C has enough space as well??

Thanks for all the help

CHEERSS

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 13:14

I know this issue, it was reported by some users. However, I don't recall if we managed to fix it. I think it has something to do with file costing being run before the user interface shows up.

I think what I suggested to the user who reported the problem was to install the product silently and specify a custom INSTALLDIR in the command line. Might be a way to get your customer going while you are debugging.

I think I reported this to Installshield when we experienced it, but a second report will no doubt help. Please submit the bug here: http://www.installshield.com/feedback/

Edited by Glytzhkof, 10 June 2004 - 13:18.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

mouy

mouy
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 13:17

Yeah,

Thing is i created a simple project without modifying anything and the out of space issue still exists!

The installer runs silently, however, I need to support non silent as well.

Any help would be great

thansk!

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 13:22

You will still need space on C:\ if this is where your system's temp folder is located, even if you install to D:\. Since the silent install works, this shouldn't be the problem in your case. Will see if I can find the code (if any) that I added to the setup for this problem.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

mouy

mouy
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 23:48

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I really need to support non-silent mode as well. Is there a way of fixing it?

Also, I tried clearing space, but it does not work seems like it won't recalculate the space.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 00:50

I just ran a simple test on, and my disk space allocation seemed to work correctly.

I set the ReserveCost table up so that it exceeded the spare space on my C:. OutOfDiskSpace was set to 1 so my dialog for out of disk space was shown.

I then went back and chagned by path to install on D: and it worked fine.

I think your dialogs are just setup incorrectly. Yoiu could be missing the attribute bit that tells the installer to update the space on the drive. I think you will need to add this to your change folder dialog, or your feature selected dialog.

Have a look at the documentation below (From MSI SDK).

"This property is valid at any time after the CostFinalize action is executed. The OutOfNoRbDiskSpace property status is dynamically updated any time the total install cost is recalculated (for example, any time the install state of any feature is changed via the Selection dialog).

Any dialog relying on the OutOfDiskSpace property to determine whether to bring up a dialog must set the TrackDiskSpace Dialog Style Bit for the dialog to dynamically update space on the target volumes."

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 01:38

Maybe take a look at the events associated with the OK button on the out of space dialog and update any validation that takes place here. I would contact Installshield about this issue and hear what they say.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

jsalil

jsalil
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:14

Did this issue get resolved? I'm facing exactly the same problem right now. I'm using InstallShield-X version 10.0. I've checked the attribute bits, they're fine.
Creating a fresh setup too results in the same behaviour.

-Salil

Sudheer

Sudheer
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 13:09

The dialog which is used for showing dick space information should have TrackDiskSpace. If you are using InstallShield you should set Track Disk Space property to True.

http://msdn.microsof.....28VS.85).aspx
http://msdn.microsof.....v=VS.85).aspx