This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Activation on Installshield 12

7 replies to this topic

bogdan.carjac

bogdan.carjac
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:28

Hello,

I have an issue, I'm not sure if somebody else has ever faced it before.
I've migrated a product from InstallShield 11 to Installshield 12 SP2, because in IS12 SP2 activation issues are mentioned to be solved.
I have a serial number and I'm doing activation by Internet. After filling in the correct serial number installer creates an HttpRequest which is sent to Activation Server. Last days there was an issue with Activation Server, but now is solved. I receive an error saying "Could not create Http request to send an Activation Request Code to the Activation Service". ( I have attached the screenshoot).
The same serial number, for the same product, but built with Installshield 11, works fine!
Does anybody has a clue, or could explain how IS12 is creating the HttpRequest for activation?

Best regards,
Bogdan.

Attached Images

• Activation.JPG

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 15:53

As far as I know each Activation Service account comes with a support contract. I guess your best bet will be to contact the Activation Service support.

bogdan.carjac

bogdan.carjac
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 16:46

Well, this is kind of strange:
I've done a major upgrade ( because the Product Version has been changed, once with this IS12 SP2 migration), so obviously I changed ProductCode, and PackageCode as well.
Now it works !
I can't explain logically why, but it's good it works.
And... Stefan, once again thanks a lot for your fast replies!

bogdan.carjac

bogdan.carjac
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:20

Hi again,

it seems that if is built with IS12 SP2 Standalone built, the same activation problem occurrs. But if it's built with Installshield 12 SP2 from UI interface (inside ISDEV) this is working.
That's very strange, please help me if you have any clue.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 18:29

Maybe your stand-alone build includes an older version of the activation service marge module?

bogdan.carjac

bogdan.carjac
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:23

Hi,

The Standalone build is this one (downloaded from here):
http://support.insta...ticleid=Q112206
so it's InstallShield 12 SP2 English.
I'm not sure which one is the activation service merge module, but this one "InstallShieldTrialware.msm" it's the same.
I tried with ISDEV, and I got another error: "An unexpected error occurred while sending an Activation Request Code to the Activation Service".
What's even more strange is that previous kits, done with Installshield 11 give the same error NOW! It didn't happened before!
So... it must be something wrong with this activation serial number now!
Have you any idea if there is something like a limited number of attempts are set for a product/serial number ?
Is there any posibility to see the logs on activation server? Is it absolutely necessary to have a service plan in order to contact Activation Service support ? Because I couldn't find any contact person in charge with this.... If I do need, I must ask my managers to get one.

Bogdan.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 17:59

My understanding was that when you buy an activation service license then support *is included*. Did you buy activation service without support?

bogdan.carjac

bogdan.carjac
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:15

Hi Stefan,

Honestly I don't know. I'm sure my company bought support as well, but I'm not sure if this was bought WITH activation, or not. Anyway a person from USA has report the incident to macrovision, so... something he have bought. smile.gif.
A person from marcovision's activation server is taking care now.