This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Project errors

11 replies to this topic

Lanhua

Lanhua
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:32

Hi,
Pls find the doc attached. Tried to source the website with the solusion but did not work for me. Just wonder if someone could help with this particular case. Some examples will be great.
Thanks.

Attached Files

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 16:44

If the hyperlinks in the error numbers don't work, you can go to http://kb.flexerasof...NSTALLATION_1_1 and enter the error number there, and put a check mark to the "KB articles and Error Documents" option.

However, in my opinion, the error texts are quiute clear. A string table entry is missing, and your output paths are too long/too deep. Change your output folder to something like C:\InstallShield and maybe switch to "shallow folder structure". In addition you can specify shorter source folder names for components that have long destination folder names (like the one that appears to be a sid and guid). Or build compressed media instead, so the files are stored in a CAB instead of laid out in sub folders.

Lanhua

Lanhua
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:03

Thanks Steve for your reply. in Property Manager, the name is IS_PROGMSG_TXTFILECHNAGS_REPLACE, the value is ***IS_STRING_NOT_DEFINED***, when double click on the line, Select String window came up, not sure if I have to create a new string or select the existing one, what to choose. Please help.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:45

If you have an existing string with the correct text, you can use this. If not, create a new string table entry.

Lanhua

Lanhua
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:00

Thanks for your help. The string problem sorted, no errors when building the media. I have another issue.

The .msi can be installed without issue, but the program doesn't run. It is found it is due to "A non-advertised shortcut must be created for Data Set Editor and Transfer Tool Directions for Use.chm in folder [ProgramMenuFolder]AlarisPlus. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut." when building the project. Could you please help?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 19:09

Go to the Shortcuts view. Select the shortcut. Change the Advertised setting to No.

Lanhua

Lanhua
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 00:51

Thanks Stevan. It doesn't make any differences when applied No to "advertised". More findings are:

I copied all the files from cd to the clean pc c:\ and installed the program using disc on a clean pc, the Alaris runs perfectly, the program path is: C:\Program Files\CareFusion\Alaris Products\Alaris® Plus v4.3\GRE.exe. Installed the .msi created, tested on another pc, one component called AlarisTransferTool.exe worked but another component GRE.exe within the same folder not working. Comparing the two pcs' program sturcture, both are pointing to the same location. The only difference is the installation with .msi seems the icon from start manu is pointed to the right place but the program doesn't run.

I found that after I copied the files from CD to the virtual pc c:\ and then did the repackaging migration, C:\ALARISEDITOR\ProgramFilesFolder\CareFusion\Alaris Products\Alaris® Plus v4.3\GRE.exe already did not run properly. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 19:43

Does GRE.exe work if you double click the .exe instead of the start menu shortcut?
Can you edit the properties of the shortcut in the start menu (on the target machine), or are all properties disabled? If they are disabled then the shortcut is an "advertised shortcut". This means that your changing of the Advertised setting in InstallShield had no effect.

Lanhua

Lanhua
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:00

Thanks for your reply Stevan again.
Tried both the start manu and the file itself, GRE.exe won't run. The error said "Unable to connect to the data store. Please consult with CareFusion techinical support." Given the GRE.exe full control to all users, same as AlarisTransferTool.exe which runs perfectly. Don't know why.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:58

"Unable to connect to the data store" could be wrong path, missing permissions, or anything else. Maybe you should indeed contact CareFusion for assistance.
I wonder why you are repackaging this setup in the first place. Does't CareFusion provide an msi setup for this?

Lanhua

Lanhua
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 23:17

Checked with different method, there was no .msi and also contact Carefusion before. No luck with this. There is also no instructions for the installtion of this software from the original disc, but there is a folder called prerequisites containing three files: dotnetfx35.exe, SQLEXPR32.exe and wordview_en-us.exe. When I did the repackaging, I installed those three files first then built the project. Maybe GRE.exe might have some link with the sql, which I don't know how to link it by setting up something before GRE.exe could run. Could you please help.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 17:24

You should run those three prerequisite packages separately, don't try to include them in your package.