This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

New Setup or Merge Module

1 reply to this topic

Jamie

Jamie
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 16:40

We have an API for our product which gets installed and shared under Program Files.  This API will be required for all of our other products (approximately 6 of them).  Previously, I have tried to create a merge module for this to include into the other setups, but am now wondering if I'm barking up the wrong tree.  

To install our API, we create a CompanyName folder in CommonFiles, and install several files into two subfolders under that.  We have to include several MFC type files as well.  Is this too complicated for a Merge Module to do?  Should I just create a new MSI for it and launch it when needed?
Jamie

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 00:33

I would reckonemdn using Merge Modules. You should split up your project into workable area, and create MergeModules acdcordingly. This means that later on down the track you can easily add new sections to the Merge Module areas or if need be you can just remove a MM if it is not needed.
MM might seem a bit compliated but I believe that creating them and then adding these into a main project that contains all of you dialogs etc is the best way to go.