This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing Application having more than one MSI?

1 reply to this topic

vinod.mnit2004

vinod.mnit2004
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 16:54

I have an application for which it has 2 msi's. I need to install it silently. But when I am using command " msiexec \i "Path of the setup.exe" ALLUSERS=1 \qb", It is showing a error that "application can't be opened".

Please help me out how to install it silently for multiple msi's.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 00:16

You cannot launch an EXE with MSIExec. You need to create a set-up executable which launches MSIExec against each of the MSIs in turn:

CODE
msiexec /i "Path_to_and_name_of_first_MSI" ALLUSERS=1 /qb
msiexec /i "Path_to_and_name_of_second_MSI" ALLUSERS=1 /qb

You have a variety of ways to create an executable. If you have a package authoring tool like Wise or InstallShield you can use those product's scripting language to create an EXE. Or you could create a simple batch file and convert that using one of the many utilities which you can find on the web, or you could create a script in some other language, such as VBScript, and convert that to an EXE.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.