This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

error 1721 - something in wbem folder?

2 replies to this topic

ZK123456

ZK123456
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2002 - 11:12

Hi

When i execute the Visio 2000 msi, it installs successfully, but halfway through the log it gives the error:

"Info 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run."

I have discovered that error 1721 relates to something not being found in C:\Winnt\System32\Wbem, so I have checked that there is a system variable that points to this location, and there is (it's the Path variable).

Strange thing is that even though it raises the error, it goes on to install successfully, and the application works fine

has anyone seen this error before?

Thanks
ZK123456

Dani

Dani
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 10:09

Hi,

I get exactly the same error when uninstalling (/X [ProductCode]) the installation I created with wise for windows installer. I created several installations, but this is the only, that raises this error.
The error occurs during uninstall and uninstall cannot coninue. But most times, the installation is uninstalled allthough this error occurs.....

Best Regards and I would be thankful for any help or hint,

Dani

TSHSU

TSHSU
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 02:56

During installation if it tries to run a program, it will look for an associated exe file, such as NotePad.exe for MyFile.txt. If the exe file is missing or its path is invalid, this error 1721 shows up. Sometimes, the exe file may be in a different path than the installation package specifies. This happens a lot if the version of the exe file is different. The new version of the exe file is sometimes in a different folder and the exe file couldn't be found and the installationl will stop here.