This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Passing parameters to msm project

2 replies to this topic

triton

triton
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 15:50

Hi,
I recently built msm project (merge module), that install few dll’s and one executable file. The project is also installing the executable file as Windows NT service, so I define the executable file as a key file, so the service could load it on startup. The service name is defined in the “Display Name” property.
The second project is basic MSI project that is loading the Merge Module as redistributable file.
Is there any way of passing the name parameter (Display Name property) from the ISM project to the msm project? Every time I try to define the display Name property as a parameter, it’s just inserting it to the String table.
Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 00:28

The DisplayName can be set by a property. So you could add a proeprty to the modules Propety tabel and use that as the DisplayName. The main msi will be able to see the same property, as the Property tables get merged at build time.
Note that the module GUID will be appended to the property name.

triton

triton
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:51

Hi,
I tried it, and it worked perfectly.
Thanks a lot.
smile.gif