This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

HELP

3 replies to this topic

paulsmith

paulsmith
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 19:24

i want to let user input 3 paramemters, and it will change the registry and INI file after the installation..

which tools i can use it , 1-vbscript and 2-installscript..

Now , both of two tools i can t let it run the resutl out. even i dont know how to make the vbscript to do this action...

and also, when i try to run some samples in installscript , it will show eror 1607 every times, anyone can help me ?

i should finish this asap, otherwise i will be on trouble..

MANY THANKS

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 06:41

You don't need either. You can add a dialog to your setup by populating the MSI tables directly (very tedious) or using a msi authoring tool that includes a dialog editor. What tool are you currently using?
Also writing INI file entries (if the II file is in the winodws directory) can be done with MSI.

paulsmith

paulsmith
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 16:30

Acutally, i m a new guy using installshield develop 8.0 , i want to know what is MSI tables , how to setup the msi table directly and use the authoring tool that includes a dialog editor.. would you mind to tell me how to do it in INsatllshield developer 8.0

many thanks....

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 09:55

In InstallShield Developert go to the dialog editor. Either select one of the existing dialogs, or create a new one (you can also úse the dialog wozard to do this).