This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Object vs. MergeModule

2 replies to this topic

FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2001 - 19:16

Could anyone shed some light on this for me?  In our installs under 6.3, we would create objects and then add them to the install.  We would be able to put the logic  and files all in the object, making them self-sufficient.  You add that object, and it does it's own thing.  Nice and simple.  However, I just created a merge module, and I'm either going blind, or there is no script associated with a merge module, therefore handcuffing me because I can't do any logic in it.  I've looked at a custom action, but again I couldn't figure out how to get any script in there.  If someone could help me out with this, it would save me a huge headache.  Thanks.

Christof

Christof
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 08:59

Hi,
have the same problems with MM. I need to install DAO3.5 ;-o) and loved the way in IS6.22. But now i tried to use the things here from install site but this is produced error because of wrong module numbers...
So I really think about creating a small project in 6.22 only with the objects I need and then call the setup from my ISD7.01 script. Very dirty but more simple and faster...
IF you find out more please let me know.
Greetings
Christof

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 19:06

Merge modules don't support InstallScript. They only support Windows Installer's native custom action types: DLL, EXE, VBScript, JavaScript