This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA type 19 - different outcomes

2 replies to this topic

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 23:27

i have a CA that checks for locked files and running processes. this CA sets a property that then tells another CA type 19 to display an error msg.

during install or uprade this error message is followed by an install interrupted screen.

but during uninstall this CA is followed by a "fatal error" screen.

how can i direct the uninstall to an "uninstall interrupted" screen (i made the screen already)
Don Tasanasanta[br]Configuration/Installation Eng

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:18

How do you run the uninstall? Your authored dialogs will only be used if your setup runs with full user interface, which is typically the case for fresh installs or updates. If you launch the uninstall by clicking the Remove button in control panel your uninstall will run in Basic UI mode which only displays dialogs that are built into the Windows Installer engine and cannot be changed. If you click Modify and then select Uninstall from your Maintenance Type dialog you shuod see your authored dialog.

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 17:33

is there any way to prevent the "fatal error" screen? can a type 19 CA return something different during uninstall? is there another way to display a message to the user and then "gracefully" exit uninstall?
Don Tasanasanta[br]Configuration/Installation Eng