This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

GAC module not removed on uninstall

1 reply to this topic

thil43

thil43
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 22:00

Hello, I have .NET dll file in my project (actually there are about 25 dll's going to the GAC). When I uninstall, one dll remains in the Windows\assembly folder, and it's properties appear to be the same as the other GAC dll's that are removed from the Windows\assembly folder.

One other thing worth mentioning is that this dll is used in 2 components, one goes to the GAC, the other goes to a bin folder, but the properties of the file in this component include "Self Register".

Thanks, Tim

IH8Setups

IH8Setups
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 15:23

Having the same file installed to two different directories on an end user machine seems to confuse InstallShiled when it is time to uninstall, and the files usually are left behind. Try making a copy of the file that you need to use in 2 separate components and put it in its own folder, so that one component pulls xfile.dll from the source computer and the other pulls copy\xfile.dll. This usually solves the uninstall problem for me.